MARIE/MARY BARBARA PERGLER STEARNS SOMMERVILLE
Father: Emil Pergler
Mother: Elizbeta/Elizabeth/Lizzie Bicek Pergler
Husband: Ivile P Stearns (died 1944 in Alanson, Michigan)
Child: James Stearns (Adopted from Sister - Evelyn Josephine Pergler)
Child: Betty M. Stearns Wolf (Adopted from Sister - Evelyn Josephine Pergler)
Husband: Wilmer O Sommerville (died 1994 in Ruskin, Florida)
Born: 21 September 1908 in Chicago, Cook, Illinois, USA
Married: 15 May 1926 in Michigan, USA
Widowed: 1944 in Alanson, Michigan, USA
Married: 17 September 1980 in ?Ruskin,?Florida, USA
Widowed: 1994 in Ruskin, Florida, USA
Died: 10 June 1996 in Bridgman, Michigan (Lakeside, Berrien, Michigan), USA
- Index to Birth Records, Cook County, Illinois Bureau of Vital statistics
- Marie B Pergler born 21 September 1908 in Chicago, Cook, Illinois
- LDS Microfilm 6016532, Page #15164, Identification #13489
- Catholic Baptism Certificate - Testimonium Baptismi
- Marie Barbara Pergler born 21 September 1908 to Emil Pergler & Elisabeth Bicek Pergler
- Baptized 3 October 1908 by Rev. Procopius Neuzil O.S.B.
- Sponsored by Marie Bicek (Marie Pergler's Cousin - the niece of Elisabeth Bicek Pergler)
- St Procopius Church, Chicago, Cook, Illinois, Volume VII, Page 57, #1734 - Cetified 14 November 1938.
- Email from Nephew (Robert Pergler) - 27 June 2008
- Her entire life she went by "Mary" explaining that Mary was the English for Marie.
- She never had any natural children of her own but adopted and raised Evelyn Josephine's (Sister's) children, Betty Stearns and James Stearns.
- Sister's, Evelyn Pergler's, obituary published on 27 December 1995 in the Herald-Palladium newspaper in Benton Harbor, Michigan
- "LAKESIDE - Evelyn Pergler, 80, of Lakeside died Monday (25 December 1995) at home."
- "Evelyn Pergler was born 30 December 1914 in Downers Grove, Illinois, and had been a resident of Lakeside, Michigan since October 1995, formerly living in Cadillac, Michigan."
- "Survivors include: a sister, Mary Somerville of Bridgman; and special friend, Marcy Wilkenson of Cadillac."
- Obituary Index - http://www.rootsweb.com/~mivanbur/SWMIObitIndex/ObitP.txt
- Obituary - Mary Somerville - 11 June 1996
- Mary Barbara Pergler Stearns Somerville, age 87, of Lakeside, Michigan died Monday morning (10 June 1996) at Jordan's Nursing Home in Bridgman, Michigan.
- Graveside services will be held at 1 p.m. wednesday 13 June 1996 at Forest Lawn Cemetery, Three Oaks, with the Rev. Brad Payne from Calvary Tabernacle in Three Oaks officiating.
- Mrs. Somerville was born September 21, 1908 in Chicago to Emil and Elizabeth Pergler.
- On May 15, 1927, she married Ivile P. Stearns. They lived in Alanson, Michigan for many years. He preceded her in death in 1955 at which time she moved to Petoskey, Michigan, where she pusued a career in nusing.
- She was employed as a nursed by Traverse City State Hospital in Traverse City, Michigan until her retirement in 1970.
- On September 17, 1980, she married Wilmer O. Sommerville. They lived in Ruskin, Florida. He preceded her in death in 1994.
- While in Florida she belonged to the Assembly of God Church in Ruskin.
- In 1987 she moved to the Lakeside, Michigan area.
- Suvivors include a daughter, Betty M. Wolf of Lakeside; a son, James Stearns of Parma, Michigan; several grandchildren and great grandchildren.
- In addition to her husbands, she was preceded in death by: three brothers - Joe Pergler, Emil Pergler, and George pergler; and a sister, Evelyn Pergler.
- Social Security Death Index
- Mary Sommerville was born 21 September 1908
- Died 10 June 1996 in Lakeside, Berrien, Michigan
- Social Security #383-26-8930 (Issued in Michigan)